02 Sep Taking a Step Back To Boost Yourself Forward with Sacha Edwards
Today I had the pleasure of speaking with artist and musician, Sacha Edwards. Sacha started in music at a young age and was even featured on Radio Disney’s Next Big Thing when she was 14. Her journey took her out of LA and into Nashville to pursue music and songwriting. On the way, life and comparison knocked her down and robbed her of herself. After stepping back and making the necessary shift, she is back in the game with a force.
Let’s jump into Sacha’s story about how stepping back was not her end but a way to come back and boost herself forward.
Things you will learn in this episode:
- I welcome and introduce my guest, Sacha Edwards, to the show
- Sacha talks a bit about her background
- From LA to Nashville
- Took a break from music and is now jumping back in
- On disney at 14
- Funny story about singing with Kid Rock as a kid
- Homeschooled through highschool due to bullying and pursuing music
- Sacha talks about her biggest fear going into music
- Worried about all the competition in the industry in Nashville
- Led to taking a break
- Sacha talks about the story behind two of her songs
- Season of uncertainty in herself
- Lacked fulfillment within music
- The songs resulted in people reaching out that could relate
- Sacha shares about the importance vulnerability in music
- The best songs are real
- A.J. Thomas
- Advice to little Sacha from present Sacha
- Listen to yourself and know it’s ok to feel what you do
- Stop comparing
- People want to connect with you
- How to get your headspace out of comparison
- Turn off the notifications for social media
- Unfollowing people you don’t relate to or give you anxiety
- How to be okay with just putting it out there
- Sacha tells a story of posting a song from her rock bottom
- Learn and Date myself
- Sacha talks about finding herself
- Still an ongoing journey
- Stopped being a yes man and spreading herself thin
- It’s ok not to know everything, no need for extra pressure
- Stepped back from it all to refocus
- Sacha gives advice to aspiring artists
- Put your blinders on and focus on yourself
- Be ok with the grind
- Stay focussed on what you need to do
- Sacha tells her story of how stage fright spiralled her downwards
- Sacha’s story of overcoming the darkest moments of her life
- Slowly went back to the small stage
- Coming out of her shell
- I tell a story about Spence Sheldon from my earlier podcast
- The importance of who you surround yourself with
- Sacha talks about how she lost self worth by listening to people who were toxic
- It’s ok to not have it figured out yet
- The struggles of 2020
- Pivoting back into taking opportunities
- Trial and error
- Coming to terms with being able to say NO
- Sacha talks about what she implements to keep getting better
- Everyday you can grow
- Still taking guitar lessons and piano lessons
- Using social media as a platform
- If you are put on a world stage and have 5 minutes to talk to people to remember you by what would you say?
- It’s ok not to be ok and ask for help
- Don’t be so hard on yourself to have it all figured it out
- Take a step back if you have to
- Sacha gives advice around how to start getting back
- Start with yourself if you have no one around you
- Find your release
- The value of written and video journaling
- How would you do past relationships differently?
- Finding the red flags
- Someone who is ok with you being you
- Don’t carry around someone else’s insecurities
- A fraction of your potential
- If you could ask anyone in the world something, who and what?
- Grandma – when did you know when you were content with your life
- Getting past the small talk with people
- People want realness and authenticity
- How can people follow you, support you, and connect with you?
- See below for social links.
- Listen to her music
- Final words from Sacha and me
“Sometimes you gotta take a few steps back in order to boost yourself forward…” – Sacha Edwards
“I think I was just at my breaking point, where I was like, ‘I don’t have enough of me to give, and I need to give myself and know all that I can, and learn myself and date myself…Just figure out who I am.’” – Sacha Edwards
“Put your blinders on and don’t look at what everyone else is doing. As soon you focus on you, you manifest things and create things and it kind of just comes to life.” – Sacha Edwards
You can connect with Sacha on Instagram, and find her on TikTok at Sacha Edwards Music.
To know more, you can connect with me on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter or visit my website https://ephraimglick.com/. I’m offering a FREE 30-minute consultation for people who reach out to me.
I want to know more about you!
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to overcome fears and obstacles by sharing this episode or click here to listen to more episodes.