19 Aug Starting Over Using Visualization with Sarah Taylor
Today I had the pleasure of speaking with singer, songwriter, author and entrepreneur, Sarah Taylor. Growing up in Texas there was never a time in Sarah’s life when she didn’t want to sing and entertain people. When she was older she moved to Nashville in pursuit of all things music and creative – only to face struggle after struggle. Sarah realized her worth through the power of changing her attitude and perception and was able to push through to become the outstanding woman she is today.
Let’s jump right into Sarah’s story and learn how visualization can help anyone who may need to start over.
Things you will learn in this episode:
- I welcome and introduce my guest, Sarah Taylor, to the show
- Sarah talks about her life growing up
- Very curious
- Always wanted to sing
- Natural entertainer
- Sarah talks about her background and love for music
- Grew up on Christian and Country music
- Grew up in Texas
- Moved to Nashville at 21
- Worked with a label at Virginia Beach
- Left due to creative differences
- Sarah talks about her love for creativity
- Wrote Tiny the Stink Bug for children to release this year
- Writing an EP to release soon
- Sarah shares her story
- She was told she would never be a writer
- Moved to Nashville without furniture or friends
- Stayed with another label for another 6 years, all promise no delivery
- Hit rock bottom
- Sarah talks about how she turned it around
- Attitude is everything
- Started a vision board
- “I AM going to get there”
- Changing the people she was surrounded with
- I share my own story of my rough start versus now
- Sarah gives some advice about how to move forward
- Remind yourself “I’m worthy of health, love and abundance”
- You’ve got this!
- Fear of failure – You just have to try
- Sarah goes more in depth about her process
- Jake Ducey – self help
- “You are in this world but not of it”
- Sarah talks about universal principles and the subconscious voice
- Your desires are God given – only you tell yourself you can’t do it
- I talk about The Alchemist
- I talk about the power of journaling and writing things down
- “This is God’s favor in my life”
- Writing things down can lead to taking action
- What would you say to Sarah from 10 years ago?
- Know who you are and how powerful you are
- Stand up for yourself and have confidence
- Sarah talks about the resources she uses to chase her dreams
- Having a set routine in the morning
- Ask for advice and get help
- Finding the right people
- You attract what you give out
- If you are put on a world stage and have 5 minutes to talk to people to remember you by what would you say?
- “I would do it through music”
- Know how valuable you are
- Rachael Hollis
- Sarah talks about her “why”
- To musicians in Nashville what are your words of encouragement?
- “I’ve been there” “Don’t listen to the words against you”
- Ask yourself what your “Why” is
- Don’t let anyone tell you it’s impossible
- If you could ask anyone in the world something, who and what?
- Marylin Monroe
- Catherine the Great
- Princess Diana
- Adam the first man
- How can people follow you, support you, and connect with you?
- See below for social links.
- Final words from Sarah and me
“Ask yourself the why. Why are you doing this, why is this your end goal? And if you are truly passionate about it, go for it! And don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do it.” – Sarah Taylor
“The difference between my lowest low then and where I am now, is one thing. It’s my attitude.” – Sarah Taylor
“I am not just my body’s limitations, I’m much more…’say to the mountains move and they shall’” – Sarah Taylor
“The biggest thing that changed my life, when I was in that pit, was how do I change my perception, how do I change this lens that I’m seeing things through?” – Ephraim Glick
To know more, you can connect with me on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter or visit my website https://ephraimglick.com/. I’m offering a FREE 30-minute consultation for people who reach out to me.
I want to know more about you!
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to overcome fears and obstacles by sharing this episode or click here to listen to more episodes.