15 Jul Growing Your Company to be the Best with Phares Martin
Today I had the pleasure of speaking with entrepreneur, investor, and owner of Silver Creek Construction, Phares Martin. Phares comes from a Mennonite background and moved away from home at the age of 17 in pursuit of proving his parents wrong; that he can be successful by himself. Now Phares continues to grow his companies by using his experience and following a system that works.
Let’s dive into Phares’ story and learn from his tips and advice that can help you in starting and running your business.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 – 05:13] Opening Segment
- I welcome and introduce guest Phares Martin to the show
- Phares talks about his background and how his journey began
- Phares shares how he overcame his fear of starting conversations thinking he might mess up
- Building experience and knowledge in his craft gave him confidence
[04:14 – 09:57] What was your biggest fear as a kid?
- Phares talks about his childhood and the fear of what his family would think after he moved out of his conservative upbringing
- Proving his family wrong gave him motivation.
- What do you wish you would have now when you started?
- He wished his parents told him that he could be anything that he wanted to be
- Phares talks about how you can succeed in what you do or what you want to do
[09:58 – 17:42] Building a Good Relationship with Your Clients
- Phares gives some advice on how to be better at building a good relationship with your clients
- If you treat customers right, they’ll keep coming back to you
- Building an ethical culture within the company
- Phares talks about setting yourself apart from your competition
- Advice that Phares would give to his younger self
[17:43 – 25:34] Growing Your Company to be the Best
- How do you continue to grow and be the best in your field?
- The importance of mentorship
- Phares shares how he pushed through the times when most people quit
- If you’re just starting your business, here’s advice from Phares to empower you
- The importance of personal growth and entrepreneurship being tied together
- A realistic time frame for new companies to reach greater heights
[25:35 – 42:58] Closing Segment
- What are your goals for when you’re 40?
- “I promised my wife I’m going to retire and go to the gym and work out when I’m 40.”
- What drives you to work from 4 in the morning up to 10 at night?
- “Drive for me is the fear of being 60 years old and saying ‘crap I’ve got to go to work because I don’t have any funds’.”
- Phares talks about the most significant obstacle he’s faced so far.
- The importance of patience in entrepreneurship
- Let’s say you want to buy a toy, house, or whatever it is, where do you have to be financially to purchase that toy?
- “We don’t buy anything unless we have the money in cash. If you can’t pay for it, you don’t need it.”
- If you are put on a world stage, and you have 5 minutes to talk for people to remember you by. What would you say?
- “The first thing is, just because millions of people are not clapping for you, it doesn’t mean you’re not important. Secondly, I would just push people to go after their dreams and try to turn them into reality.”
- Suppose you could ask anyone in the world any question, dead or alive. Who would it be and what would you ask?
- “Elon Musk. Why didn’t he quit when things got tough for him?”
- Why didn’t you quit when things got hard?
- “If I would just quit, I would never be able to forgive myself.”
- How can people follow you online?
- See below for links
- Final words from Phares and me
“As long as you don’t give up and quit, you’re never really done. If I can just make it through one more day, maybe tomorrow will get better.” – Phares Martin.
“If you build relationships with the right customers, you’re going to have some of the best loyal customers you can ever ask for.” – Phares Martin
Resources mentioned in the episode:
To know more, you can connect with me on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter or visit my website https://ephraimglick.com/. I’m offering a FREE 30-minute consultation for people who reach out to me.
I want to know more about you!
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to overcome fears and obstacles by sharing this episode or click here to listen to more episodes.