09 Sep Finding Your Space with Buck Reising
Today I have the pleasure of speaking with Buck Reising. Buck is a Sports Broadcaster and News Personality for A to Z Sports. He is also the host of the 615 Sessions Podcast. Buck is an amazing guy that knows how to make light of every situation and he can do it while making you laugh.
Let’s jump into Buck’s story and have some fun learning how finding and owning his own space led to his success as a sportscaster in Nashville.
Things you will learn in this episode:
- I welcome and introduce my guest, Buck Reising, to the show
- Sportscaster and podcast host
- We talk about how Buck is like the Bob Menery of Nashville
- Buck gives a bit of background
- Buck had 5 years in Nashville a also worked with an ESPN affiliate overnight
- Seeing the underbelly of radio
- Covered the Titans
- Originally wanted to go to law school
- Learned sports on the way
- Buck talks about where he wants his career to head
- People’s listening habits are changing so fast
- You have to be able and willing to do everything
- Buck talks about the difficulties of play by play
- You need to know each and every element of each story of every person
- All while keeping track of everything happen without getting in the way of it
- People have such powerful associations to sports
- The evolution of sports and sportscasting is unknown in 2020
- Buck talks about getting comfortable behind the mic
- It’s all about reps and time spent talking
- Identify the role and adapt in the process
- What’s next for Buck Reising
- It’s hard to predict life especially with everything in 2020
- Recently bought first house
- “Nashville is my home”
- Never say no to opportunities
- Buck talks a bit about the work A to Z is doing
- Break away from traditional media
- Buck shares some advice for people trying to make it especially in Nashville
- Leadership and mismanagement has caused a shudder in Nashville
- Spread your content over social media
- Figure out how to diversify in a saturated market
- Buck gives advice about breaking through an industry
- Sounded like reading off a paper
- People want to feel like they’re listening to a conversation
- Find something in your space and be the best at it
- Buck talks about what makes people quit before they make it
- In Sportscasting usually financial reasons
- You have to say yes to opportunities or else people will stop asking
- Quitting for family reasons
- The importance of sports in our society
- We don’t need it as much as we think
- Our economy within universities relies heavily on certain sports
- Buck talks about testing positive for Covid19
- Got through the worst of it
- Opening things back up isn’t worth the potential risks long term
- A lack of concise leadership has led us to where we are today
- Give people the option of a waver
- Everyone has their outlet
- If you are put on a world stage and have 5 minutes to talk to people to remember you by what would you say?
- You can affect change
- Take the time to change your circumstances
- If you could ask anyone in the world something, who and what?
- Johnny Cash – How many drugs were you really doing and for what performances?
- You have to learn to laugh at yourself
- Buck tells the funny Toilet Story from his podcast
- How can people follow you, support you, and connect with you?
- See below for social links.
- Final words from Buck and me
“Find something with nobody in your space… Get in there, exploit it and make it yours; and once people see that you’re the ‘go to guy’ then everyone else wants a piece.” – Buck Reising
“You have the ability to affect change, without question, You as the individual has the ability to affect change… People undervalue that they have the ability to do that.” – Buck Reising
“If you can’t laugh at yourself, especially in this ibusiness… if you can’t enjoy what everyone else is enjoying, at your expense or otherwise, what are you even doing?” – Buck Reising
To know more, you can connect with me on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter or visit my website https://ephraimglick.com/. I’m offering a FREE 30-minute consultation for people who reach out to me.
I want to know more about you!
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to overcome fears and obstacles by sharing this episode or click here to listen to more episodes.