24 Jun Don’t Let Relationships Define Who You Are with AB
Today I had the pleasure of speaking with social media influencer, AB. AB is known for her posts on different social media platforms, such as TikTok, Instagram, and Twitter. AB uploads videos and posts of words of encouragement mostly intended for women but also relatable for some men.
Let’s dive into AB’s story of how words of encouragement can change the course of your life and never let relationships define who you are.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 – 6:48] Opening Segment
- I welcome guest A.B. into the show
- AB talks about the moments before that lead her to where she is now
- Experienced an awful break-up
- Posting encouragement videos on different social media platforms
- AB shares a little about her background
- Growing up in a mentally unhealthy environment
[6:49 – 15:13] Don’t Let Relationships Define Who You Are
- Relationships should add value to your life, don’t let it define who you are
- AB talks about how she handled her break-up and woke herself up to reality
- Seeing those parts of yourself that you want to change and not being afraid to actually do it
- AB gives some advice on relationships. You’d want to hear this
- Are we programmed to be doomed by the way we are raised?
- AB talks about what people do that surprises her
- AB talks about her recovery from her break-up
- Celebrating every positive thing you do to boost your confidence
- How to get out of co-dependency in a relationship
- Prioritizing things in your life
- A-List: Things that are important and you need
- B-List: Things that can be part of your life but don’t need to take up all of your time
- How do you find your true self out of all this annoyance coming at you?
- Disassociating yourself about what people think of you
- Do not worry about people that are not adding something to your life
- Red flags on dating
- Becoming instantly attached to the person
- Seeking validation in the relationship
- They see their identity as the money
- Things that should be on your A-List:
- Family and friends
- Your goals
- AB talks about serial dating and why it’s unhealthy
- Going on dates by yourself or “me time” is important
- If you were put on a world stage where the whole world was watching and you have 5 mins, what would you say?
- “Don’t let anybody stop you from being happy and that includes yourself. Nobody can define your happiness but you.”
- If you could ask anyone in the world any question, alive or dead. Who would it be? What would it be?
- “My Dad. What do you think? I just want to know”
- How do you think about where you are?
- “I’m shocked, I’m so grateful and very blessed. I’m proud of where I am and I don’t want it to stop. I want to keep going because I think there’s more to be said.”
- How can I support you, how can our listeners support and find you and listen to your message?
- “Right now, it’s all on social media, TikTok, Instagram, and Twitter.” See below for links.
- What do you think is the biggest thing you yourself have learned from helping these people?
- “It’s teaching me to not be afraid to ask questions”
- Final words from me and AB
“Do not lose your identity in that person, that relationship is not who you are it’s a part of your life” – AB
“Falling in love is the real you because it’s the absence of thinking anything else” – AB
“It took me having nothing, like being in the lowest point to get here. It didn’t happen overnight” – AB
“If you aren’t willing to be alone by yourself, how the hell do you expect someone else to want to be with you” – Ephraim Glick’s mentor
To know more, you can connect with me on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter or visit my website https://ephraimglick.com/. I’m offering a FREE 30-minute consultation for people who reach out to me.
I want to know more about you!
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to overcome fears and obstacles by sharing this episode or click here to listen to more episodes.