23 Sep Adapting to the Shifting Industry with Richie Walls; featuring Brando Eaton and Taylor Zamora
Today I have the pleasure of speaking with Emmy Award-winning Movie and TV Producer, Richie Walls. Richie is the CEO of Richie Walls Entertainment, an International Talent Agency in Beverly Hills, CA, representing some of the top actors and models in the country. In this episode we talk about what it looks like inside the industry and advice how to get your career started, alongside special guests Brando Eaton and Taylor Zamora.
Let’s jump into Richie’s crazy stories and learn how you can still break through in these trying times and what it has looked like for Hollywood having to adapt to the changes.
Things you will learn in this episode:
- I welcome and introduce my guest, Richie Walls, to the show
- Featuring Brando Eaton and Taylor Zamora
- Richie tells his story from Knoxville to L.A.
- Modelling, to fashion agent to film
- Met Brando through mutual friends
- Richie gives advice to people wanting to get into the industry
- Just do it, stick with it, get your face out their
- Get the right agents
- Richie talks about everyone loving Vince Vaughn
- Richie’s craziest story
- Where do you see the industry going?
- It’s coming back a little bit
- LA has changed
- Richie talks about life/work balance
- It’s a daily battle
- Brando talks about getting into acting
- Take your craft seriously
- Taking it seriously puts you in the top 1%
- Richie talks about the importance of vulnerability finding a new client
- Getting to know the person through interview first
- How covid is affecting work
- Cancellations and push backs
- It was tough on the industry at first
- Richie and Brando talks about their favourite projects
- Entourage and Marvel
- Affected by the writer’s strike
- What makes a good script writer?
- There’s no one answer
- Lay the foundation first then decorate it later
- Advice to aspiring child actors and talents
- Brando’s start as a young guy
- We talk about what makes shows like Friends so popular and influential
- Having Fun
- Great writing
- Great Actors
- Sometimes it’s luck
- The impact on the music industry
- It’s time to switch up what you’re doing
- You can get to you goal in different ways than other people
- People are leaving LA and changing how we need to do things
- Some people are doing well at it
- We talk about working through the night
- How travelling looks for everyone these days
- Richie tells some final stories
- Chasing a stalker
- Burt Reynolds hitting on his mom
- If you are put on a world stage and have 5 minutes to talk to people to remember you by what would you say?
- Richie: It’s all about family, keep them close
- Taylor: Take a shot at the goal
- If you could ask anyone in the world something, who and what?
- Chris Farely
- Just have fun and learn some weird fact
- Richie talks about being around Rob Schneider
- Final words
“Sometimes you just have a magical, accidental mixture that just works out… of course you want to do the right homework and due diligence of having the script tight and having a good cast… but sometimes there’s certain factors you can’t account for.” – Brando Eaton
“You can go from point A to point B in different ways. I feel like everybody tries to follow each other and they get stuck.” – Richie Walls
“You can’t score if you never take your shot at the goal.” – Taylor Zamora
To know more, you can connect with me on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter or visit my website https://ephraimglick.com/. I’m offering a FREE 30-minute consultation for people who reach out to me.
I want to know more about you!
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to overcome fears and obstacles by sharing this episode or click here to listen to more episodes.