03 Jun Being Real and Vulnerable with AJ Thomas
Today I had the pleasure of speaking with the music artist, AJ Thomas. AJ grew up in an environment where he is scared every time his mother goes out to work wondering if she would ever be coming back. AJ’s passion for music led him to become a successful artist and is now leading a life filled with opportunities
Let’s dive into AJ’s story of how every single day is just another day that opens up countless opportunities.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 – 08:00] Opening Segment
- I talked briefly about valuable information that you can take advantage of in this episode
- I introduce the guest AJ Thomas into the show
- AJ talks about his background in music and how his journey began
- Fell in love with the process of making music while doing sports
- AJ wanted to be a professional athlete
[08:01 – 16:40] “Today is just another opportunity to be great”
- AJ talks about his greatest fears as a kid
- How AJ’s childhood pushed him to be an incredible human being
- AJ shares something deep about life. You can learn from this!
[16:41 – 27:27] What keeps people from being real and vulnerable?
- AJ weighs in on things that hold you back from becoming real
- Worrying about what other people think
- Fear of rejection
- AJ gives fantastic advice to people like you who want to be where you want to be
- AJ talks about why people quit
- The importance of finding something you are passionate about
[27:28 – 32:23] How to leverage your connections to get to the right people
- AJ shares his secrets about how he connects with people
- Find the right and genuine people. Invest in them!
- AJ shares some of the craziest things that happened to him to remind him that he is human
[32:24 – 45:57] Closing Segment
- How do you continue to learn and evolve
- I listen to a TON of music
- If you were put on a world stage, you have 5 minutes to make an impact. What would you say?
- I would try to say that every single life and every single human being is special and worth it. You are important!
- If you could ask anyone in the world any question. Who would it be? What would it be?
- Martin Luther King, Malcolm X. I would ask them “How did you do it?”
- How did you do it? From a 10-year-old kid to a successful artist.
- Final words from me and AJ.
“Life is really short and you can pass any day. I’m not gonna sit around and wait, I’d rather thrive and do things to propel myself forward.” – AJ Thomas
“Today is just another opportunity to be great.” – AJ Thomas
“Finding the small wins on a daily basis will turn into a big win in the long run.” – AJ Thomas
“Your whole world could crash in a week. But it’s how you respond to that is what makes you successful.” – AJ Thomas
“If you are grounded on what you believe in. No one can tell you anything about what you can and can’t do.” – AJ Thomas
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Martin Luther King
- Malcolm X
To know more, you can connect with me on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter or visit my website https://ephraimglick.com/. I’m offering a FREE 30-minute consultation for people who reach out to me.
I want to know more about you!
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to overcome fears and obstacles by sharing this episode or click here to listen to more episodes.