20 May Faith Is Bigger Than Fear with David Archuleta
Today I had the pleasure of speaking with the artist & songwriter David Archuleta. David became a star when he was just 16 years old, 44 million votes made him first runner-up in Season 7 of ‘American Idol. Little did we know, David has an internal struggle with himself, a battle he has experienced for most of his life. David writes about those battles in his music to help people like you prove we can be the victors of our minds, and that worrying and thinking paralyzing thoughts don’t define us.
Let’s dive into David’s story of how his faith in God helps him overcome his fear and makes him stronger by fighting forward.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 – 08:49] Opening Segment
- I talked briefly about valuable information that you can take advantage of in this episode
- I introduce the guest David to the show
- David talks about his background story
- David grew up in a musically inclined family
- David’s biggest inspiration was his mom and dad who pushed him to become a better person
- David opens up about being scared of singing in front of people when he first started
- David’s experience when he had a panic attack when he first joined a talent competition
[08:50 – 20:32] David Archuleta’s Career Journey into Music Industry
- David shares how he worries a lot and still struggles with fear.
- David shares an inspiring story when he became a star when he was 16 years old (2008) and his journey to the music industry.
- David talks about a meaningful insight on how his faith with God and his prayers play a big role in his success
[20:33 – 38:15] David’s Faith is Bigger than his Fear
- David shares why he never collaborated with Luis Fonsi and other artists before just for one reason: He was scared, and that frustrates him.
- David finds the courage to face his fear through prayers and a strong faith in God
- David shares a meaningful story when he took a break from his music career to be a missionary
- David believes that God plays a huge part in his life.
[38:16 – 51:52] Closing Segment
- If you were put in a world stage where everyone is watching, and you’re given 5 minutes to make a difference, what would you say?
- I would probably sing the song, Nearer My God To Thee.
- If you could ask anyone in the world any question alive or dead? Who would that be? And what would the question be?
- Abraham Lincoln.
- Describe what it was like to receive the guidance that he followed?
- How much he relied on faith and on God with what he was doing?
- Abraham Lincoln.
- David’s highly anticipated new album “Therapy Sessions” set for release on May 20th. See below for the links
- For more information on David, be sure to follow him on his social links below.
- Final words from me
“It’s almost easier to go back into our fears” – Ephraim Glick
“I was going through therapy and trying to apply the steps it took to escape the
barriers I had created for myself” – David Archuleta
“Don’t be paralyzed by your own fear” – David Archuleta
“I found my missing piece by letting go of everything that people were telling me, I needed to be happy” – David Archuleta
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Therapy Sessions Release on May 20th (Pre-Order Now!)
- Postcards In The Sky
- Les Miserables.
- American Idol
- Jive Records
- Luis Fonsi
- Paralyzed by David Archuleta
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Donny Osmond
- Titanic Film
- Nearer My God To Thee
- Abraham Lincoln
- The Ultimate Shift
You can connect with David on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or visit his website https://davidarchuleta.com/home/. Subscribe to his Youtube channel. You can also listen to his songs on Spotify and Soundcloud!
David’s album “Therapy Sessions” is available for Pre-Order HERE, and a Pre-Grat track entitled “Just Breathe” (featured on the album) can be streamed now on all DSPs, in support of the pre-order.
To know more, you can connect with me on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter or visit my website https://ephraimglick.com/. I’m offering a FREE 30-minute consultation for people who reach out to me.
I want to know more about you!
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to overcome fears and obstacles by sharing this episode or click here to listen to more episodes.